Certificate in Church Multiplication
In the ever-changing world around us, church leaders must be able to analyze and adapt to increasingly multicultural, secular, and global contexts. Designed for church planters and their teams, the Asbury Church Planting Institute seeks to help others join in God’s mission by offering affordable and non-residential training that enables leaders to study while remaining in the context of their current ministry.
Consisting of three, two-day training weekends offered over the course of a year, the 2018 institute courses can be studied in either Memphis, TN or Fairfax, VA.
Below, you will find a course map and descriptions of each of our 6 modules. In addition, certain modules may be substituted for classes specifically applicable to your context!
Phase 1: Explore
- Exploring The Call of Missional Leaders
Designed to help participants understand the character, calling, and competency of being missional leaders, we will dive into what it means to live life on a church planting team. Beginning with a church planting assessment, participants will learn how to integrate these three essential elements as they discover their role in creating new worshiping communities.
- Introduction to Church PlantingBeginning with foundational theories and practices of planting new contextual churches, we explore the various models and options for church planting in order to help planters and their teams identify the best practices and approaches for their unique context and gifts.
Phase 2: Integrate
- The Mission of God Paying particular attention to how theological doctrines narrate the drama of the Gospel, in this module we will focus on the story of scripture and study how God reveals Himself to us and uses us for His Mission of Redemption.
- Understanding Context Recognizing the importance of evaluating cultural surroundings, we will provide practical tools for understanding people and their values, interests, and practices as expressed in their specific contexts.
Phase 3: Engage
- Developing & Multiplying DisciplesKnowing the significance of empowering others for ministry, we will offer biblical and practical foundations for developing and multiplying disciples by mobilizing those who surround you. It is during this session that we explore the dynamics of developing a church planting team.
- Engaging the World
With a focus on building faithful communities of God’s Kingdom, we will study evangelism by exploring the dynamic relationship between God’s Word and God’s World. Through this lens, we will help planters and their teams recognize how they can build authentic congregations who embody the message of the Gospel.
Take the Next Steps!
To find out more information about our certificate program, please fill out the contact page or call 859.858.2278.
Class dates TBA
Oct 12-13, 2018; Jan 25-26, 2019; May 3-4, 2019