GMC Grant Matching
*The application deadline is September 16th.
From the Asbury Theological Seminary MOU to the Global Methodist Church, “Asbury Theological Seminary agrees to provide $5,000, $10,000, and $20,000 renewable, dollar-for-dollar, matching grants to graduates of Asbury Seminary who are involved in planting a new congregation of the Global Methodist Church.” Read below for requirements and the Grant Matching Program Application.
The Asbury Center for Church Multiplication is excited to partner with church planters who are engaging in new, innovative approaches to church planting in the 21st century. Each year, we will select qualified church planters to be a part of the Asbury CCM Grant Matching Program. The Asbury CCM Grant Matching Program provides matching funds to existing church plants that are already receiving funds from their network or denomination. Selected applicants may receive up to $20,000 in matching funds.
All Grant Matching Applicants are subject to the Following Criteria:
- Church Planters must be alumnus of Asbury Theological Seminary.
- Church Planters must be members of the Asbury Center for Church Multiplication Connection.
- Church Planters must be within the first 1-3 years of the church plant, or preparing to launch in application year.
- Church Planters/plants must be approved and receiving funds for the church plant from denomination, network, or sponsoring church.
- Church Planters must submit a short essay (250-500 words) detailing the need and purpose for the grant funding.
- Church Planters must submit 3 credible reference letters, which includes one of the references from their matching funds overseer.
- Church Planters must submit a Strategic Plan Document/Case Statement (Word Doc or PDF) – Strategic Planning Guide which includes:
- Progress since launch of church plant
- Assessment of funds impact
- How will church assess success
- Description of model of CP – CP Models Guide
- Leadership/leadership structure
- Current Budget + Projected Budget Document – Budget Template
The application process begins by submitting the Online Grant Matching Application via the button below. This will allow the CPI team to evaluate early in the process if your church plant is a good fit for the matching funds. *The application deadline is September 16th.
In the assessment period we will review your application, essay, contact references, confirm matching funds, and review your strategic plan and budget. Additionally, during the time we review your application you will also want to join the Asbury Church Multiplication Connection.
If your application is accepted, you will be invited for a virtual interview to discuss your unique proposal for church planting and potential fit for receiving a matching grant.
Following a review of the required application and criteria, the CPI team will evaluate your proposal for funds and issue the appropriate matching grant funds .If your proposal is approved, you will be awarded a grant to assist with a new church plant. Some approved candidates will also be required to participate in a coaching process with a member of our church planting team.
For more information please contact us at
Jennifer Miller, Fellowship Overseer