The Asbury Center for Church Multiplication is excited to partner with church leaders who are engaging in new, innovative approaches to church multiplication in the 21st century. Each year, we will select qualified church leaders to be a part of the Asbury Grant Matching Program. The Asbury Grant Matching Program provides matching funds to existing church movements that are already receiving funds from their network or denomination. Selected applicants may receive up to $20,000 in matching funds.
(Domestic USA and Asbury Seminary Alumni Only)
Scroll for Application
The application process for the Grant Match Program consists of several steps that allow us to get to know each other. At each stage, if both parties decide that our visions and callings are in alignment, we will invite the planters to continue in the application. The process has multiple steps moving through four stages: Application, Assess, Interview, and Award.
- Apply – The initial application process begins when you submit the Asbury Grant Matching Program Application and required documents. *The application deadline is June 1st, 2023*
- Interview – If your application is accepted, you will be invited for a virtual interview to discuss your unique proposal for leading a church and potential fit for being a Grant recipient. The Center for Church Multiplication team will conduct these interviews.
- Assess – In this step we will review your application, pray, and discuss your suitability for the Grant Matching program.
- Award – If your proposal is approved, you will then be invited to become an official Grant recipient and will be awarded a grant to assist with a new church movement. Some candidates may be ask to participate in a church multiplication training offered on campus or in the field. Approved candidates will also be required to participate in a coaching cohort with a veteran church leader.
- Church Planters must be located and planting in the United States.
- Church Planters must be alumnus of Asbury Theological Seminary.
- Church Planters must be members of the Asbury Church Planting Connection.
- Church Planters must be within the first 1-3 years of the church plant, or preparing to launch in application year.
- Church Planters/plants must be approved and receiving funds for the church plant from denomination, network, or sponsoring church.
- Church Planters must submit a short essay (250-500 words) detailing the need and purpose for the grant funding.
- Church Planters must submit 3 credible reference letters, which includes one of the references from their matching funds overseer.
- Church Planters must submit a Strategic Plan Document/Case Statement (Word Doc or PDF) – Strategic Planning Guide which includes:
- Progress since launch of church plant
- Assessment of funds impact/
- How will church assess success
- Description of model of CP
- Leadership/leadership structure
- Current Budget + Projected Budget Document – Budget Template
*It is preferred that you submit, along with your application form (below), one single Word Doc or PDF Doc including the above materials.In addition to these materials, please provide a headshot and bio.
- Interview via Zoom with a member of the CCM team
- Sign Covenant which outlines:
- Every 3 months financial report, progress essay, and impact self-assessment
- Expectations for Coaching Cohorts (Attendance, etc)
- Asbury Seminary Ethos Statement
2023-2024 Grant Matching Application
"*" indicates required fields