The Asbury Church Planting Initiative is excited to partner with church planters who are engaging in new, innovative approaches to church planting in the 21st century. Each year, we will select qualified church planters to be a part of the Asbury CPI Grant Matching Program. The Asbury CPI Grant Matching Program provides matching funds to existing church plants that are already receiving funds from their network or denomination. Selected applicants may receive up to $20,000 in matching funds.
All Grant Matching Applicants are subject to the Following Criteria:
- Church Planters must be alumnus of Asbury Theological Seminary.
- Church Planters must join the Asbury Church Planting Connection.
- Church Planters must take the free Church Planter EQ Assessment to be reviewed by the Asbury CPI Team.
- Church Planters must be within the first 1-3 years of the church plant.
- Church Planters/plants must be approved and receiving funds for the church plant from denomination, network, or sponsoring church.
- Church Planters must submit an application and be fully approved by the Asbury Church Planting Initiative Team.
- Church Planters must submit a detailed church planting strategic plan and budget.
- Church Planters must submit a short essay (250-500 words) detailing the need and purpose for the grant funding.
- Church Planters must submit 3 credible references, which includes one of the references from their matching funds overseer.
The application process begins by submitting the Online Grant Matching Application via the button below. This will allow the CPI team to evaluate early in the process if your church plant is a good fit for the matching funds. *The application deadline is June 4th, 2022*
In the assessment period we will review your application, essay, contact references, confirm matching funds, and review your strategic plan and budget. Additionally, during the time we review your application you will also want to join the Asbury Church Planting Connection, and take the Church Planter EQ Assessment. Visit the links mentioned to complete the process.
If your application is accepted, you will be invited for a virtual interview to discuss your unique proposal for church planting and potential fit for receiving a matching grant.
Following a review of the required application and criteria, the CPI team will evaluate your proposal for funds and issue the appropriate matching grant funds .If your proposal is approved, you will be awarded a grant to assist with a new church plant. Some approved candidates will also be required to participate in a coaching process with a member of our church planting team.
For more information please contact us at
Carson Daniel, Coordinator for Church Planting